• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by BlueMallard

  1. B

    Operative jobs and age

    Hi, I've applied for a couple of vacancies and I'm in my 50's - i still feel nimble and I hope the maturity will count,
  2. B

    First Great Western Trainee drivers, Anyone heard back?

    I don't want this to sound like sour-grapes, but fortunately I got an email saying I hadn't passed the first stage, just as I was about to cancel my application. The story so far: 1) Notified the day before the tests, to attend in Reading - 1hr & £36 away. 2) At the tests, we're told that...
  3. B

    First Great Western Trainee drivers, Anyone heard back?

    I applied back in August 2012 and I heard nothing until the day before being invited to an assessment, after being told I'd be contacted in 7-10 days, I waited almost 2 weeks and contacted HR, I received an email saying "we'll let you know". When a company promises to do something and they...
  4. B

    First Great Western Trainee drivers, Anyone heard back?

    Just like psq43, I'm also waiting after having my 1st assessment in Reading on 4th October (for FGW). I chased this with HR almost 2 weeks ago - they were prompt in replying but advised me that this was pending the recruiting manager. It would be nice to know either way ;-)

Top