• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Bill530

  1. B

    Posted a Court Summons this morning - what do I do?

    I imagine so. I'm quite shocked it has gone this far to be honest.
  2. B

    Posted a Court Summons this morning - what do I do?

    Unfortunately I have just recieved a response from a prosecutor and they are refusing to settle the matter out of court. Due to 'the nature of the incident'. Can not believe it I am absolutely gutted. Will this affect me being able to travel to America/Asia etc in the future?
  3. B

    Posted a Court Summons this morning - what do I do?

    How would this be adapted for a student? I recently quit my job to focus on university and then going away for summer so technically I am unemployed. While employed I earned rougly 450£ a month.
  4. B

    Posted a Court Summons this morning - what do I do?

    Also if I am fined in court, how much are they likely to fine me?
  5. B

    Posted a Court Summons this morning - what do I do?

    My hearing is on the 1st of May so would it be wiser to send a guilty plea in quickly rather than wait for their reply as it sounds like they wont reply in time?
  6. B

    Posted a Court Summons this morning - what do I do?

    Does anyone know how long they usually take to respond to emails? On Monday they said they'd investigate and be in touch shortly but I am yet to hear back. Thanks
  7. B

    Posted a Court Summons this morning - what do I do?

    He sent me to go to another member of staff who was stood nearby to take payment with a card machine.
  8. B

    Posted a Court Summons this morning - what do I do?

    I paid for a return from Kirkham to Manchester after the penalty fare was issued. I expected that Northern Rail were asking for the penalty notice to be paid by me however it actually states they want £5.30 for a ticket from Kirkham to Preston which technically has already been paid for despite...
  9. B

    Posted a Court Summons this morning - what do I do?

    Thanks so much for the help and guidance. What would be the bestway to contact them? Over the telephone or via the customer services email?
  10. B

    Posted a Court Summons this morning - what do I do?

    Hi thankyou for the response. On the letter it says the charges are 1) Did use abusive or offensive language 2)Entered a train for the purpose of travelling without a valid ticket to entitle travel
  11. B

    Posted a Court Summons this morning - what do I do?

    Hi, they said in the summoning letter that I had failed to respond to their reasonable request. So I imagine they thought I was trying to avoid the letter they originally sent me a couple of days after the incident happened.
  12. B

    Posted a Court Summons this morning - what do I do?

    It was a two legged journey so i had to pay for it if i wanted to continue otherwise I would be stuck at Preston
  13. B

    Posted a Court Summons this morning - what do I do?

    Hi. In November 2018. I was travelling from Kirkham to Preston in the afternoon to which I was then going to Manchester for an afternoon exam at University. I was running late from Kirkham and in previous experiences I had been able to purchase a ticket when getting off the train and walking to...

Top