Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Intresting to see the differant views regarding this, thanks. Clearly from the outside looking in, it appeared to be a very grey area. Is continuously boarding a train without a ticket fare evading?
What would people suggest if this was to happen again, or I over hear this happening (as I did...
They appear to still be enforcing this single only procedure on the train but only from Wigan to Preston or Preston to Wigan. The 'revenue officer' stated that they are losing too much money from this route and this is what they are brought in to do, specifically. This morning they even got off...
Today I overheard the ticket inspector mention to someone that as of tomorrow, the policy is changing and you can only buy singles. Is this just a scare tactic?
Also a young woman claimed to board at Brynn (unmanned station), got off at Wigan to get the Virgin train to Preston. Her Brynn train...
Well, like I said I already know I should buy a ticket before I board. My question was are the guards not allowed to sell return tickets on the train. To be fair, it seems irrelavent if I had a ticket or not, as it appears the guard was making the rules up as he goes along and lieing.
There's...
Thanks for the replies.
Yes, I understand that boarding the train, without a ticket is a bad idea but as someone stated we probably have all done it. No excuse but I was running late and didn't fancy waiting another 25minutes for another train.
I got on a Virgin service from Wigan to...
I was told by a conductor today that I was unable to buy a return on a train, and instead would have to buy two singles (which he was willing to sell me) I produced 5 other return tickets that I'd bought on the train but was told all these people were wrong to do this.
Who is correct?
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.