• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Bag of Badgers

  1. B

    All Line Rover - With a twist!

    I used the Cabins but as I used to travel a lot I had both on me :)
  2. B

    All Line Rover - With a twist!

    Having done a couple of 1st ALR (did both as 14days) and doing some things on the fly, I hope this information helps? I have found booking the Scotland Sleepers over the phone fine, even booking them on the day, try and get them in the centre if you can. The Riviera I found best to do it in...
  3. B

    rippled railhead

    I think it's Corrugated track, that is meant. Used to happen on tram tracks at Blackpool, would make a hell of a noise. It would be ground back, they had to get a special machine in from Europe to do it. In the end it was relaid with a rubberised compound, it was around Fleetwood that you...
  4. B

    VT First Class - weekends

    I had one when I boarded at Birmingham New Street, exactly like telstarbox wrote, Ham Sandwich in mine, I couldn't complain and filled a hole.
  5. B

    Has anyone ever done Aberdeen to Penzance straight through?

    Well I did it, made up time. Then had to double back to St Austell for the night:) Do feel a funny sense of achievement now. For anyone else thinking of doing it my advice would be :- Do it in 1st Class, for the space and reserve seats. Avoid Fridays as it gets very busy and packed...
  6. B

    Has anyone ever done Aberdeen to Penzance straight through?

    I'm going for it today, window seat in 1st, well I'm on a ALR so might as well. The connection for the Sleeper is too close to risk it, 3 mins so I'll double back back to Camborne for the night. No toilet smells yet. Looks like I might have to cut it short :(

Top