• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Adam_

  1. A

    Is this fare evasion or providing false information?

    This entire experience has left such a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm a confident person that is able to articulate myself and challenge correspondence etc. but just imagine how many vulnerable people are snared by flawed processes like this and end up with criminal records? It's sickening. How...
  2. A

    Is this fare evasion or providing false information?

    To update, I have received a £90 fixed penalty notice.
  3. A

    Is this fare evasion or providing false information?

    Thanks everyone. I will be sending the letter tomorrow. I can't believe they expect people to handwrite on the reverse of the letter. What century do they think it is?! I have already typed a letter but may just transfer it to the back...
  4. A

    Is this fare evasion or providing false information?

    Got the letter from Northern. You can read it here: https://imgur.com/a/Vf6Sueq Any new input based on this? @cuccir @DaveNewcastle @ForTheLoveOf @Bensonby
  5. A

    Is this fare evasion or providing false information?

    In In their letter will they specify the legislation?
  6. A

    Is this fare evasion or providing false information?

    @Gareth Marston I summarised the conversation for my initial post. When he asked for my address I told him I was moving from my current address. He kept asking for my address, I kept trying to explain my situation but he didn't have the time of the day to figure it out with me so I made my own...
  7. A

    Is this fare evasion or providing false information?

    @Gareth Marston except I didn't come up with the story after. I told him immediately and he couldn't be bothered to listen. He just wanted to submit the report. I didn't say I live at A.
  8. A

    Is this fare evasion or providing false information?

    The man inputted my details on a tablet device which printed out a receipt he gave me entitled 'Travel Incident Report' and states 'Northern Rail will contact you in writing regarding the facts reported today and may pursue a prosecution. Any correspondence with Northern Rail regarding this...
  9. A

    Is this fare evasion or providing false information?

    Thanks for your reply. The thing is, he was adamant he take the address on my license which I am moving out from so if the letter takes weeks like you say I won't reliably receive it as it is a rental. If I did write to Northern what do you suggest I say?
  10. A

    Is this fare evasion or providing false information?

    I arrived at my local station and upon arrival I saw a Northern member of staff outside and asked if I could buy a ticket on the train as I was having trouble with the mobile app. They said yes, so even though the station had a ticket machine and office I boarded the train (mistake number 1) and...

Top