• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Adam01273

  1. A

    GWR Unpaid Fare Pre-Court settlement offer with valid tickets and gold card

    UPDATE - having written to GWR prosecutions with all the details of the case and my complaint of the manner in which they were dealing with the case, they have just written to reduce the fine to £24.80 I have paid it to close the case and stop any prosecution - But I will be writing to their...
  2. A

    GWR Unpaid Fare Pre-Court settlement offer with valid tickets and gold card

    yes, it was the slower stopping service, not the direct Pad to Reading
  3. A

    GWR Unpaid Fare Pre-Court settlement offer with valid tickets and gold card

    No, this was the very first letter. I think its appalling
  4. A

    GWR Unpaid Fare Pre-Court settlement offer with valid tickets and gold card

    Will do. Do you know of a good format or template of how to offer a counter proposal? As i said, I am happy to pay the excess for the genuine mistake - as I said to the staff on the day, but because I was an error on the station staff's part to sell me the wrong ticket, I dont want to pay a...
  5. A

    GWR Unpaid Fare Pre-Court settlement offer with valid tickets and gold card

    I called National Rail Enquiries - told them the details of both my tickets and the journey and they told me over the phone that my journey and tickets were valid. And so they put me through to the GWR customer services team over the phone, who also took all my ticket and journey details and...
  6. A

    GWR Unpaid Fare Pre-Court settlement offer with valid tickets and gold card

    thank you. very helpful. I just cant believe this approach by them. so over the top and heavy handed. I'll email them to appeal and state my case, i'm happy to pay the excess (i have no idea why this wasn't what the RPI asked me to do as I was clearly not trying to defraud their company, this...
  7. A

    GWR Unpaid Fare Pre-Court settlement offer with valid tickets and gold card

    I am starting to understand this confusing condition now. But, how on earth is a commuter supposed to know this? especially when both National Rail Enquiries and GWR customer services both tell you differently, and even the rail laws have confusing and some might say contradictory statements...
  8. A

    GWR Unpaid Fare Pre-Court settlement offer with valid tickets and gold card

    Hi everyone, I need some help, this is a bit of a complicated case Yesterday, 20th March 2019, I received a 'Pre-Court Settlement Offer' from GWR Great Western Railway. I have never received a penalty fair or unpaid fair prosecution before. I am a season ticket holder, with a Gold Card from...

Top